I woke up to a text from Morgan the other day that said “Good job making it to 30 weeks!”
I’m usually not very clever, but I responded by reminding him that that’s a 75% passing grade, and that C’s get degrees. That applies to motherhood and not just college, right?
It’s kind of crazy at how fast time is flying, but at the same time it feels like we’re waiting forever to finally get to meet our girl. Is it February yet?! I’ve been thinking the same thing since my last update.
This month is a big month of milestones for us — we got our maternity pictures taken, it hosts our showers, and our last Christmas together as just the two of us! It’s a lot of change all at once and I’d be lying if I told you that I’ve kept it together. I’m learning that right now, my emotions are just about at the surface of everything, ready to jump out at any point.
Sorry to all my friends and family!
In fact, I sent Morgan this GIF the other day, because it pretty much explains me to a tee —
“When You’re Emotionally Drained but the Show Must Go On”
Thankfully he laughed about it, too! Bless him!
I’ve officially reached the point in pregnancy where :
- People can finally, definitely tell that I’m pregnant. It’s kind of a relief that people aren’t thinking that I put on a little holiday weight anymore!
- The bigger Reese is getting, the less comfortable I am. Sleeping straight through the night? What’s that? … and yes, I know… it’s just practice for when she gets here. ?
- Reflux has also kicked in majorly. It started a few weeks ago, and I decided to be “tough”. No meds for me! That was until I finally decided I didn’t appreciate tasting my meals twice (you’re welcome for that visual) and Morgan forced me to get something from the pharmacy. You know what? Medicine, is really a medical marvel!! Wouldn’t you know it — that stuff works! ?
- I’m officially entering into nesting mode. I want everything to be clean and organized! My little normal OCD-like tendencies have really ramped themselves up in very specific ways! Ie. my fridge, and our bedroom, and I’ve even been keeping up with the laundry! That’s how you know it’s serious y’all! … plus, my Christmas decorations this year, are so extra. Garland is everywhere. My gifts to everyone have been wrapped and under the tree since about December 8th — the day we put up our tree. I’m one hundred percent cool with it.
- Our apps that provide daily articles and reads have now shifted beyond “how big baby is” to all things labor and delivery! Nothing like waking up in the morning to read about birth, eh? For example, this morning’s header: “Birth Happens (ready or not!)”
- Reese’s kicks are getting a lot more forceful these days! I figure it’s just her way of making her presence known — and girlfriend isn’t shy about it.
Despite some of the less comfortable things, I still am really enjoying being pregnant! I know that so many people have it worse, and don’t enjoy it, so that’s a big reality check for me. But I also recognize what a privilege this is.
Not everyone gets to carry their baby — and I feel like I’m constantly being reminded of what a gift carrying our healthy girl is.
… which is the perfect segway into the gift that my sweet friend Jill gave us in capturing this special season of our lives!
When it came to maternity pictures, I wasn’t sure I wanted them. I mean, I know I’m a photographer, and I should know that memories like these are important to be captured, but I just didn’t really know how I’d be feeling. I wasn’t sure if I’d like seeing myself bigger or what that would look like! Thankfully, I have a very persuasive husband, who reminded me that this is something we’ll want to cherish together.
And JILL — she’s a master! Words can’t even touch how grateful I feel for these images she captured! … a film wizard, the best encourager, and someone I’m so thankful to call my friend!! Sorry not sorry for how many times I might post these!
When I look at these photos, I’m not only thankful for the season we’re in, but the fact that I get to do this with my best friend. The fact that Morgan is not only supportive, but kind when I need him to be, a reality check when I need it more, and does things like assemble recalled highchairs for me, since it’s the only one I want, and puts up with my attitude when I decide it’s not actually a great idea.
… this may or may not have happened this week alone!
He’s already the best husband and I know “Best Dad!” is a role that he can add to his resumé too!