Helloooooooooo, friends! It’s February and even though I just popped in a few weeks ago to share my January goals and dreams, I am back with February’s too!
“you don’t have to do it all, but you have to do what you say you will.”
You know, I don’t know if you’re aware of this or not, but the Olympics are coming. Pause, and repeat the last half of that sentence loudly and proudly three times over. THE OLYMPICS ARE COMING, THE OLYMPICS ARE COMING, THE OLYMPICS ARE COMING. And that’s how I feel about that too ;)
But did you notice that there have been so many television commercials lately about the athletes and their stories of achievements and struggle to get to the Olympics?
I recently listened to an interview on my friend Jenna’s podcast with Nastia Liukin and one of the things that stood out to me most was a story she shared about her parents and training. She talked about how on the days when training got hard and she threatened to quit, her mom would tell her no. Nastia’s mom would wait until after Nastia accomplished the next thing, felt better about herself, created space from the emotion, and then would follow up and ask her if she still wanted to quit. By that time, Nastia shared that she had already forgotten that she had asked to quit in the first place!
You see, even gold-medalist Olympians make emotional decisions. But it was after she pushed through that she continued on.
I think we can all agree that January is a time where we stick hard and fast to our goals. We practice what we preach, and then February rolls around. In years past, I would join the 9237272 million people who have already forgotten about their goals and dreams for the year. But instead I’m celebrating the progresses I’ve made rather than sitting in shame for the things I didn’t do. I’ve agreed to not let my emotions dictate my progress!
I hope you can, too.
So friends, without further ado here are my goals for the month. They’re broken down into monthly, weekly, daily action items that all point to my yearly goals!
- Join the gym for the months of February and March until it gets warm out. Commit to working out more than 2 times a week!
- Finally share about the winter capsule and what I’m learning.
- Serve my audience well and learn about what they want to learn more about!
- Cook more at home! Enough of having those pretty Pinterest pins just sitting there ;)
- Continue carving out intentional time for content creation.
- Get ahead and work from a place of planning rather than procrastination.
- Limit sugar to 1x a week.
- Eagerly agree to help a friend!
- Prayerfully consider the work I’m doing before I start my work day.
- Take at least 5,000 steps a day.
- Take the time each day to encourage someone!
That’s all folks! ;) If you need me the month of February, I’ll probably be side-eyeing the Olympics while I’m working. #JustKeepingItReal
Happy February, friends!