Hello dear friends! How are you this dreadful afternoon? I could take a second to pause and talk about Hurricane J that’s approaching this weekend, but I won’t give her the dignity! Instead, I will celebrate the fact that it’s October!! And boy do I love the month of October. It has perfect weather (except this weekend.. okay, I’m done!) and the air just smells crisper! This month is also super busy for me and I couldn’t be more excited about it! Now I know that some of you who have been following the blog for a while are probably now expecting a foreshadowing to all that’s happening this month in the form of a Hello October post. Not to worry, that’s coming eventually, but instead I thought that I would take the time to provide you with the list of business things that I do on the first day of each month.
This concept is not a new one. My sweet friend Katelyn blogged forever ago about the fact that she has what she calls the “Monthly Duty Day.” But today I decided that I would share my version instead. Here is the list of things that I do on my Monthly To-Do List:
- Log and classify all mileage from the previous month
- Pay any taxes that are applicable
- Create the month’s blogging calendar
- Check in on last month’s goals
- Prep the month’s goal post
- Look at the month’s Google Analytics and see what was working and what wasn’t
- Upload images to Two Bright Lights for any shoots from the past month that hadn’t already been uploaded
- Make sure all of my expenses are correctly categorized in Wave
Phew! And now you know why this blog post isn’t getting up until almost 5pm! Just kidding… I’m actually trying something new after doing some research last month! :) Happy Thursday!!